Double Chocolate Brownie Mix Cookies

First off, I did not plan on making/didn't even really know about these cookies until a week ago. I needed to make some cookies for a party and planned on making some simple cake mix cookies, but later realized that what I thought was a cake mix in my pantry was a brownie mix.

So I did some research and sure enough there are several brownie mix cookie recipes already created. I decided to go with one that included the addition of chocolate chips. Good decision on my part.
Anyway, all I can say is that I was not disappointed by these cookies. They are crispy, moist, chewy, fudgy and chocolatey. I ate 4 in about a minute. I think this will now be my go-to brownie/cookie. Feel free to sprinkle some powdered sugar over the top to give them a prettier look, too since they come out pretty flat. Enjoy!

Double Chocolate Brownie Mix Cookies
Source: Food.com
Yields: About 36 cookies

19.5 oz. brownie mix, I used Pilsbury Milk Chocolate 
1/2 cup flour
6 Tbsp. canola oil
2 eggs, beaten
2 Tbsp. water
1/4-1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
powdered sugar, optional

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a medium bowl, combine brownie mix, flour, oil, eggs and water. Whisk until blended. Stir in chocolate chips.
3. Drop a teaspoonful of dough onto a cookie sheet lightly sprayed with cooking spray. Place each ball of dough about 2 inches apart. (I used a spoon and the bigger the spoonful, the better the cookies came out.)
4. Bake for 9 to 10 minutes. Once the cookies have lost their gloss, but still feel soft to the touch, remove from oven. Be careful not to overbake.
5. Let cool 1 minute on pan and then place on cooling rack until completely cooled.
6. Sprinkle powdered sugar over top and enjoy! (I sprinkled sugar through a fine-mesh strainer.)

Comments

Popular Posts