Favorite Toddler Feeding Gear

Now that I officially have a toddler, which I'd say is any time after a baby turns one, we've had to get all new feeding gear. Instead of Advent Bottles, we've had to change over to sippy cups and switched from ceramic to plastic everything. It's a fun stage, but it sure helps to have an idea of what you need to buy, especially if you're on a budget. Here is what we have liked so far! 
1.  IKEA ANTILOP Highchair with Tray: $25 - This highchair comes in blue or white and is the best purchase we've made so far. It's extremely easy to clean and the legs are detachable so you really can take it anywhere. LOVE this highchair and what's not to love about the price!?
2. JJ Cole Boys Bib Set: $19 - I was actually able to get these for free and I'm so glad I did! The price might have deterred me, but they are the best bibs. They have great coverage, have a pocket to catch falling food and are so easy to wipe clean. A definite must-buy!
3. IKEA BARNSLIG Highchair Support Cushion: $5 - We ended up not using a Bumbo because our son's legs were WAY too chubby for it, so once he started sitting up around 5 months, we put this cushion behind him in his highchair until he was able to sit up on his own. He loved it and so did we! It's also really easy to throw in the wash.

4. & 5. IKEA KALAS Tableware Line: $2 for each 6/pack - I can't say enough about this line of kid's tableware. It's plastic, colorful, a decent size and only $2 for a 6/pack! The plates and bowls are my favorite, but we plan to use the cups and utensils for when our little one gets older. (The utensils are a little too sharp right now.)
6. Tommee Tippee Explora Sippy Cups: $8 for 2 - Before we bought these, our son was actually using a kid's Camelbak water bottle, which still works great for water, but you're not supposed to have any other liquid inside of it. So I found these cups, which are similar to the Cambelbak because the top flips open and they are spill-proof. We've really liked them so far!
7. Parent's Choice Spoon and Fork Set: $3 - I got these as a gift at one of my baby showers and didn't really intend on using them, but they've been awesome! It only comes with forks and spoons since your toddler doesn't need knives just yet, and the points are rounded so there is no poking of the tongue! They're the perfect size for toddlers and our little boy will honestly eat more if he "uses" his own fork or spoon.

Well I hope that helps! We've loved all these products in our home so far so I hope you will, too!

Comments

Popular Posts