Monday, June 10, 2013

Strawberry Spinach Salad with Mustard Poppy Seed Dressing

I could go on and on about this salad, particularly the dressing. I first had this at a Relief Society activity, then I made it for my cousin's baby shower and on Saturday I served it at my future sister-in-law's bridal shower. It has been a total hit every time it's been served and I'm absolutely in love with it.
This is my kind of salad. Nuts, berries and cheese mixed with a homemade vinaigrette. You've got to make this the next chance you get. You won't be disappointed.


Strawberry Spinach Salad with Mustard Poppy Seed Dressing
Dressing
1 cup sugar
1 cup extra virgin olive oil
2/3 cup white vinegar
3 green onions, roughly chopped
2 tsp. salt
2 tsp. poppy seeds
2 tsp. yellow mustard

2 bags of spinach
1/2 to 1 cup grated swiss cheese
½ cup almonds
8 oz. strawberries, sliced

1. Mix dressing ingredients in blender until combined and set aside.
2. Combine spinach, cheese, almonds and strawberries in a large bowl. Pour in salad dressing and toss until fully coated.

1 comment:

  1. I love salads with homemade vinaigrette's! Yum :)

    ReplyDelete