Mini Corn Dog Muffins

Now this my friends, is my absolute best recipe find ever! I am a legitimate corn dog addict, but have always hated how the golden fried pups make me feel after consumption in the pit of my stomach.

So these little babies are the answer to all my problems. They are not only NOT fried, but are perfectly poppable and quite frankly...I could eat the entire pan to myself. Hence why I cut the recipe in half so it only produces 24 instead of 48 bad boys.

Anyway, you MUST MUST MUST make these soon. Even Jordan, my hot dog hating husband, loves these. And now that's a miracle in and of itself you guys.

Mini Corn Dog Muffins
(Makes 24 mini muffins)
1/4 cup melted butter
1/4 cup sugar
1 egg
1/2 cup buttermilk
1/4 tsp. baking soda
1/2 cup cornmeal
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 tsp. salt
4 all-beef hot dogs, cut into 24 pieces (I prefer Hebrew National)

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Combine butter and sugar in a bowl, and whisk to combine. Add egg and whisk to incorporate. Add buttermilk and whisk to incorporate.
2. In a separate bowl, combine baking soda, cornmeal, flour, and salt, and stir to combine. Whisk into wet ingredients in two batches.
3. Spray a mini muffin tin with non-stick spray, and spoon 1 Tbsp. of batter into each mini muffin cup. Place one hot dog bite into the middle of each cup.
4. Bake for 10-12 minutes (oven temperatures vary), or until cornbread is golden brown. Cool in mini muffin tin for 5 minutes before serving. Store leftovers in the refrigerator and re-heat for 20-30 seconds before serving.

Comments

Popular Posts