Copycat Red Lobster's Cheddar Bay Biscuits

So I'm going to be honest here. I've NEVER been a fan of fish. Maybe a little shrimp here and there, but that's about it. Boring I know, but it's just how it is. Still haven't grown those adult fish lovin' taste buds yet.

However, I do remember being forced to eat at Red Lobster with my family when I was younger and about the only thing I would eat were their amazing cheese biscuits. They must have made a pretty big impact on my life because I think the last time I stepped foot into a Red Lobster, I ordered off the kid's meal.

So when I saw a recipe for these biscuits floating around the blogging world, I knew I HAD to try them. And I wasn't disappointed. Cheese + garlic + butter + more butter = satisfaction.

And the best part is, you're bound to have the all the ingredients in your kitchen.

Cheddar Bay Biscuits
Biscuits:
2 1/2 cups Bisquick or Jiffy
4 Tbsp. cold butter
1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
3/4 cup milk
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
Butter Glaze:
3 Tbsp. butter
1/2 tsp garlic powder
3/4 tsp dried parsley flakes

1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Lightly grease or line one cookie sheet with parchment; set aside.
2. Combine Bisquick with cold butter in a medium bowl using a pastry cutter (or 2 forks). Don't worry about mixing too thoroughly; there will be small chunks of butter in the mix about the size of peas. Add cheddar cheese, milk and garlic powder. Mix by hand until combined, but don't over mix.
3. Drop 1/4 cup portions of the dough onto the lightly greased or parchment lined cookie sheet. Bake for 11-13 minutes in preheated oven or until the tops of the biscuits begin to turn light brown.
4. While the biscuits are baking, melt butter is a small bowl in the microwave. Stir in garlic powder and dried parsley flakes. Use a brush to spread the garlic butter over the tops of all the biscuits. Sprinkle a little kosher salt on the freshly coated biscuits. Makes one dozen.

Comments

Popular Posts