Fresh Harvest Pizza {My Very Own Creation}

So on Monday, I bought THEE most delicious peaches I have ever had!  I devoured a giant one in less than a minute.  I don't know if I was deprived of peaches as a child or what, but I can't believe how good they are!  Anyway, that's beside the point.  I was having a dilemma about what to make for dinner because I purchased some Pillsbury pizza crust dough, sad I know, and didn't want to use it for the recipe I had planned on making.  I really wanted to use our last peach and thought of putting it on pizza.  I didn't have any sauces/didn't want to make any so I looked up to see that it's normal to not have sauce on pizza.  I believe they're usually called flatbreads though.  Anyway, I looked at one recipe about the olive oil/honey/salt/pepper on the dough and the rest was my own idea.  Fun stuff!  I hope I can come up with more recipes in the near future because it was honestly amazing!  At least I thought so.

Fresh Harvest Pizza
pizza crust (homemade or store-bought) 
shredded mozzarella
olive oil     
1 large peach, thinly sliced
1 tomato, sliced    
1/2 onion, sliced
1/2 Tbsp. brown sugar   
honey
salt      
pepper

1. Preheat oven to 425ºF.  Roll out dough into a rectangle shape on a baking sheet. (Once preheated, I would place the dough in the oven for 2 minutes to crisp the crust so it doesn’t get soggy from all of the toppings.)
2. Slice onions and saute in a small pan with a little olive oil on a medium-high setting.  Add brown sugar and continue to saute until onions are caramelized and slightly crisped. 
3. Drizzle olive oil over dough and spread with fingers.  Sprinkle salt and pepper over dough and drizzle a small amount of honey on top.
4. Cover dough with mozzarella and spread the peach, onion, and tomato slices over the cheese.
5. Bake for 12 to 14 minutes until cheese is melted and the crust is golden brown.  Enjoy!


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts