Cinnamon Bun Pancakes with Maple Butter Icing

I have to be honest…pancakes are usually not my thing.  I've never really been a fan and would always prefer a waffle over a pancake.  But one day I found this recipe. 


Cinnamon Bun Pancakes, what could be wrong with that?  So I tried it and loved it!  I've yet to try the icing because well, I don't like to use that much powdered sugar and butter in one recipe because I'm poor. I like to ration my ingredients. 


Anyway, I'm sure it's delicious, and you can always simplify the icing by mixing some powdered sugar with maple syrup.  Enjoy!

Cinnamon Bun Pancakes with Maple Butter Icing
1-½ cups all-purpose flour   
3 Tablespoons white sugar
½ teaspoon salt    
4 teaspoons baking powder
1 Tablespoon cinnamon   
2 whole eggs beaten
1 cup milk     
2 Tablespoons corn syrup
¼ cups butter, melted    
1 Tablespoon vanilla

1. In medium bowl, combine flour, sugar, salt, baking powder and cinnamon with a whisk. Whisk well to make sure everything is combined.
2. In separate large bowl, beat together eggs, milk, corn syrup, butter and vanilla. Stir in flour mixture.
3. Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium/low heat. Pour about 1/4 cup batter onto griddle. Brown on both sides.
4. Serve warm with maple-butter icing drizzled over the top. Makes 12 pancakes.

Maple-Butter Icing 
1 cup powdered sugar    
¼ cups butter, melted
Dash of salt     
1 Tablespoon maple syrup
¼ cups whole milk (more if needed)

Whisk all ingredients together until smooth, adding the milk slowly.  Add enough milk for desired consistency.


Comments

Popular Posts